It is most important when moving that the safety of everyone involved in the move is paramount. Whether you are using a full service moving company, a self service company or renting a truck for a do-it-yourself move, just follow the tips below to make sure everyone safely survives the ordeal of moving:
- Waterproof shoes with soles that will not slip are preferred especially if the weather is bad.
- Before attempting to carry a load, make sure the way is clear and is well lighted.
- Plan ahead: try to plan where you will put a load down even before you pick it up.
- It is important for everyone involved to be aware of uneven surfaces, steps or any impediment to moving the load.
- It is important for all members of the moving party to keep each other informed of uneven surfaces or steps. Team players will prevent undue damage.
- Do not rush or hurry when moving a load; if you become overly tired set down the furniture or box and rest. Most often mistakes occur when one is tired.
- When carrying large, heavy pieces of furniture with 2 or 3 men first make sure all speak the same language. Use short, simple words as commands; communication is the key to safe move. · It is best to plan ahead and organize the working area in order to prevent repetitive lifting or bending.
- If it becomes necessary to move over either snow, ice, puddles of water or slick hardwood floors then it is necessary to take extra precautions to prevent a fall.
- It is best to make sure any kids or animal are kept out of the moving area.
Remember that our goal at Local Movers is to provide all the necessary tools to guide you through the moving process so that your move is successful and stress free.