Choosing the best local mover for a short haul move (less than 99 miles) is sometimes more problematic than choosing a mover for an interstate move. Choose the correct mover and your goods will arrive at your new location when you expect them. Choose the wrong moving company and your goods may end up who knows where-perhaps in a warehouse in Hoboken? At LOCALMOVERS.com your peace of mind is our primary concern; our state of the art method for finding professional local movers will put your mind at ease.
The following steps should be taken in order to properly qualify a local mover:
- License: does the company have a current valid DOT license? Obtain the DOT license number and verify its validity at www.safersys.org.
- Better Business Bureau: is the company a member? Verify its rating at www.bbb.org.
- Storage: will you need storage? If so, make certain that it is climate-controlled. Ask for the actual warehouse address to verify.
- Local License: some states require additional licensing beyond the DOT license. Click on the appropriate state below to view the requirements for your state.
- Bulky Items: are you moving a piano, hot tub or pool table? These items may need a lift-gate truck or disassembly before moving-is the mover properly equipped?
- Accessorial Charges: have you covered all the basics? Are stairs involved? Will the truck be able to load within 75 feet of the front door?
- Truck Size: an on site estimate is preferable so that the moving company makes certain the truck used will fit at both locations.
LocalMovers.com will help you find the most professional, appropriate moving company suitable for your particular move. Following the guidelines we propose will put your mind at ease so you may concentrate on more important situations. The advantages of using a local mover are many and varied; read more at our local movers page which may spark an idea or question for us.
At LocalMovers.com, we pride ourselves on giving you the best and most comprehensive information available about moving; our Moving Guidebook will help prepare and guide you through the entire moving process.
Is there perhaps something you may have overlooked or forgotten? Check out our site map to see if you have covered all the bases. When you feel comfortable, write your name and contact information in the Moving Quote box above and you will be contacted within minutes by a highly qualified local mover. Follow the guidelines we covered and you will obtain an obligation free moving estimate.